You’re reading this because you want to learn English.
You could have been learning for weeks, months, or even years but you are still not fluent enough. Then you start asking yourself, “What am doing wrong?”
Well, wonder no more, because you’re about to learn what you need to do to speak English fluently. And you can do this from anywhere in the world!
Watch this video, read the article, and discover why you are struggling to speak English fluently.
Two Main Reasons Why You Can’t Speak English Well
- It’s a difficult skill – Obviously! The difficulty level will depend on your ability; nevertheless if English is not your native language, then you are more likely to encounter countless challenges. Imagine doing these all at the same time: formulating the right sentences, having accurate vocabulary and grammar while speaking using the correct pronunciation. Whew! That’s a lot!
- Not having enough time to practice – Practice makes perfect. We have heard this phrase a million times, simply because it’s true. Let me give you an example: if you cook something once a week or once a month you may rely on recipes or cookbooks. But if you will cook the same stuff every single day, you don’t need cookbooks because cooking will come naturally to you.
- Your mind and body know what you’re doing and what you will do next. It’s the same in terms of honing your speaking skills. You may talk to some people in English every once in a while, it helps, but surely not enough.
Now that we have figured out the two main reasons why you’re still having difficulties speaking English fluently let’s now move on to the good part: the SOLUTION!
Work on pronunciation
Learn the sounds of English and learn how to formulate the sound, so you can speak it. You have to learn the proper way of speaking, use of intonation, use of stress, etc.
This is going to make a huge difference to the way you speak. People will understand you better. Your English will be more accurately. And things will just flow for you.
Your confidence will increase too.
Use ToFluency Method also known as the LLRC Method
This is a very effective way to improve, not only your speaking but your listening, vocabulary, and grammar skills as well.
- Listen – start by listening to English audio or recording.
- Repeat – pause the audio and repeat a sentence or phrase
- Record – while repeating the words or sentences, record yourself.
- Compare – this is the last part of this method. Listen to the original audio, then listen to your recording and compare. Here, you’ll be able to notice what you need to improve; what you’re able to say and understand accurately and the changes you need to make.
Learn more about this method here. I highly recommend using this method. It’s powerful!
If you want to jump right in, join our powerful fluency program.
This is all about working on your fluency. This is more challenging compared to the first two methods. In shadowing, you have to listen to an audio while repeating without stopping. No stops, no pauses! It is also vital to choose an audio piece that you can follow.
Be sure that you don’t mumble when shadowing. Record yourself to ensure that you have a high level of accuracy.
Learn more about accuracy vs fluency here:
Get lots of natural practice
Speaking with friends might be the best and most enjoyable way to learn. Talk to your peers in English, you’ll have fun while learning! You can also join a language program or hire an ESL/English teacher. These would provide you the safest environment to learn because you know that your mistakes will be corrected. You can dramatically improve your speaking by having a natural conversation.
You will speak English fluently if you will do these methods. But of course, you can always start slowly but surely. You can start doing just one of these methods, what’s important is you will start, now!
Thank you for reading! I hope you found it useful.