Ready to learn KEY phrases that will help you describe charts, graphs, and trends in English?
Watch the video lesson and then learn the phrases below!
KEY PHRASES FROM THIS LESSON
When describing an uptrend (see image), we can use go up, increase, or rise.
- from September 2016 to April 2017, the price of Bitcoin rose steadily
- the price of Bitcoin went up / increased steadily
- the price remained stable from May to July
- it increased dramatically from October to December
- it shot up from October to December
- it soared from October to December
- since then, it’s been declining rapidly (present perfect continuous)
- it crashed in early 2018
PERCENTAGES AND PREDICTIONS
When predicting future prices, you can use will or going to.
- I think the price will continue going down
- I think the price is going to go back up
Look at how we talk about percentages in English:
- the price has gone up by 20% today (present perfect simple)
- the price went up by 5,515% in 2013